1) What personal information do we collect about you?
In the course of using the Site we may collect, store and process the following kinds of personal information about you:
(i) Information about your visits to and use of the Site.
(ii) Information about transactions carried out between you and us, including information, such as payment details such as debit/credit card details, in relation to any purchases you make of our goods or services.
(iii) Information that you provide to us for the purpose of you purchasing items or subscribing to our website services and/or email notifications. This may include your name, postal and email address and contact telephone numbers.
(iv) Records of any correspondence between you and us.
(v) Any information that you provide in response to surveys, if you choose to respond to them.
Please note that at all times you are responsible for updating your Personal Data including you current e-mail and postal address.
If you send a testimonial or comment to us, we may post it on our site or use it in advertising materials. We will attribute your testimonial to you by posting your first and last initial or your first name and last initial next to your testimonial on our site or advertising materials, if provided.
Please note that we will never ask you to confirm any personal details, log-in details or payment details by email. If you receive an email asking for any such information which appears to be from us, do not respond to it. It may be an attempt to obtain those details for fraud.
Protecting the privacy of children is important. For that reason, we never collect information via the Site from those we know are under the age of 13.
2. What other information do we collect about your website visits?
We may collect information about your computer and your visits to the Site, such as:
• The date and time that your device accesses the Site.
• How many and which pages you visit during a ‘session’ on the
• Site and how long you were on the Site.
• Your Internet domain name (this might be the domain name of your internet service provider such as aol.com or your place of work) and the ‘IP’ address (this is a number assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web) which allows you to access the Site.
• The web browser you use and your device’s operating system.
• The site you were on before you linked to the Sites (for example, Google, if you found us using a search engine).
• This information does not itself identify you by name. However if you have logged in to an account on the Site at the time that we record this information, we may be able to match these details back to you.
• We may use this information in the administration of the Site, to improve the Site’s usability, to develop and improve the products and services that we offer, and for marketing purposes.
3. How we use your personal information
Personal information submitted on this Site will be used for the following purposes:
• Making the Site available for you and delivering to you the functions, products and services offered through the Site.
• Processing orders for products and services and performing our obligations under any contracts which may result from those orders.
• Dealing with any queries that you raise with us and to keep a record of our dealings with you.
• Notifying you of any changes or improvements to the Site Protecting us, our suppliers and our customers.
• Helping us understand how people use the Site, to analyse the effectiveness of campaigns and to help us improve the Site generally.
• Helping us to understand what products and services our customers like or may wish to receive, to improve our existing products and services and to develop new products and services.
• Improving your browsing experience by personalising the Site and providing content tailored to you.
• If you have agreed to receive marketing communications, contacting you to inform you about promotions, products and services that may be of interest to you.
4. Sharing & Disclosure of information
We will only share personal information with people or organizations other than Greetingsbox in the following circumstances:
• To provide products and services to you or on our behalf
• For legal reasons we may share personal information with other people or organizations where we consider in good faith that one or more of the following circumstances apply: (i) It is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable government request. (ii) Any applicable laws specifically permit us to make the disclosure. For example UK privacy laws permit us to disclose personal information where necessary in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, for the prevention and detection of crime and for certain other purposes. (iii) It is required to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
• Where we do disclose your information to our contractors, we require them to process the information only in accordance with our instructions and to take appropriate measures to keep the information secure.
6. Security of your personal data
We will take appropriate technical and company-wide measures to seek to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on secure servers. All electronic transactions you make with us will be encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology and industry-standard secured-server transactions that encrypt your Personal Data. To verify that you have a secure server connection, look for the locked padlock symbol at the bottom or top of your browser window or the HTTPS-prefix in the URL. However, you should be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our Site. We will not be liable for loss or interception of this data unless this is caused by our failure to take reasonable steps to keep your data secure.
• Geographical Information
When you use the mobile application, we may use GPS technology (or other similar technology) to determine your current location in order to determine the city you are located within and display information with relevant data or advertisements. We will not share your current location with other users or partners. If you do not want us to use your location for the purposes set forth above, you should turn off the location services for the mobile application located in your account settings or in your mobile phone settings and/or within the mobile application.
• Automatic Information
We automatically receive information from your web browser or mobile device. This information includes the name of the website from which you entered our Website, if any, as well as the name of the website to which you’re headed when you leave our website. This information also includes the IP address of your computer/proxy server that you use to access the Internet, your Internet Website provider name, web browser type, type of mobile device, and computer operating system. We use all of this information to analyze trends among our Users to help improve our Website.
• Log Data
Like many Website operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
8. Policy amendments
9. Your rights
You have a number of rights under English law (and in particular the Data Protection Act 1998, referred to in this policy as the “Act”) in relation to how your personal information is used, and some of these are set out below. You can obtain further information about your rights from the UK’s Information Commissioner at www.ico.gov.uk.
You have the right to access the information that we hold about you. We are entitled by law to charge a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. We are also legally obliged to request you to provide us with identification so that we can be certain that you are entitled to receive the requested data.
You have the right to have information about you corrected. If you need to amend any of your personal details provided via the Site, you can do so by logging into your account or by contacting us.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes. We will also provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes in each email that we send to you. You can also instruct us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Third party websites
The Site contains links to and from other websites, including sites operated by third parties. We have no control over those websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies. Please check those policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
11. Contact Us
Greetings Box LTD
5N Oldbeck Road